Pros and Cons of Installing an Irrigation System
There are multiple considerations when deciding if a sprinkler system should be installed. Consider some of the following.
- A sprinkler system saves you time. A correctly designed system should be done with a “set it and forget it” mentality. Drag that hose no more!
- Your lawn and landscape will be healthier and more vibrant. It goes without saying that an irrigation system will make your lawn greener!
- Less worry, if you go on vacation the lawn and landscape will be taken care of with your watering system.
- A sprinkler system is a valuable addition to a home and will increase the property value.
- A correctly designed sprinkler system will actually save you water.
- Although a sprinkler system should save you time there is a maintenance cost to the system. Every sprinkler system needs to be monitored and at a minimum there will be a turn on and Winterization price in Leelanau. Our basic maintenance package costs $140. Lake pump systems cost more time and money to maintain than well systems.
- The cost to install.
- Although sprinkler systems are more efficient than hand watering they are not 100% uniform. Because a sprinkler head itself will does not have uniform coverage (more water will be distributed near the head and at the end of the stream) it is impossible to design a perfect system. But…. we continue to try.